OPPO K1 launched with waterdrop notch and in-display fingerprint
Oppo has today launched its K1 smartphone. This is the first smartphone under Oppo’s new mid-range K-series. The device has been launched in China with prices starting from RMB 1,599, and it will be going on sale from October 20.
Oppo K1 prices
The Oppo K1 has been launched in two variants. The base variant with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM is priced at RMB 1,599 (Rs 27,500 approximately), while the top variant with 6GB RAM is priced at RMB 1,799 (Rs 30,800 approximately). Buyers will be able to choose between Van Gogh Blue, and Mocha Red color options.
Oppo K1 features, specifications
The highlight of the new Oppo K1 is its in-display fingerprint sensor. Oppo joins the likes of Vivo and Xiaomi in offering a fingerprint sensor placed under the display. The design too is worth talking about. It features a full-screen display up front with very narrow bezels and a waterdrop notch at the top. At the back is a 3D glass, and gradient color texture.
As far as specifications are concerned, the Oppo K1 features a 6.4-inch FHD+ (2340×1080 pixels) AMOLED display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core chipset paired with Adreno 512 GPU. The built-in 64GB storage is expandable up to 256GB using a microSD card.
For photography, the device comes with dual-camera setup at the back. This setup comprises of a 16-megapixel primary sensor, and a 2-megapixel secondary sensor. For selfies, there’s a 25-megapixel snapper up front.
Making sure everything ticks is a 3,600mAh battery. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5, GPS, and GLONASS. On the software front, the dual-SIM smartphone runs Android 8.1 Oreo-based ColorOS 5.2.
Oppo K1 Full Specification
- Display: 6.4 in, AMOLED, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 24 bit
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 MSM8976 Plus
- CPU: 4x 2.2 GHz Kryo 260, 4x 1.84 GHz Kryo 260, Cores: 8
- GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 512
- RAM: 4 GB, 6 GB, 1866 MHz
- Storage: 64 GB
- Memory cards: microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC
- Camera: 4608 x 3456 pixels, 3840 x 2160 pixels, 30 fps
- SIM card: Nano-SIM
- Wi-Fi: a, b, g, n, n 5GHz, Dual band, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct
- USB: 2.0, Micro USB
- Bluetooth: 5.0
- Positioning: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 75.5 x 158.3 x 7.4 mm
- Battery: 3600 mAh, Li-Polymer
- OS: ColorOS 5.2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)