Honor 8C with notch display,dual cameras and SD632 launched
The 2nd largest mobile device manufacturer in the world has just introduced a new smartphone in China. It’s Honor 8C and was released by the sub-brand of Huawei, now carrying the processor Snapdragon 632 from Qualcomm . In practice we have here a new low-cost smartphone with quite captivating features and specifications.
The new smartphone comes to replace the Honor 7C in the mid-range category that was launched in May 2018. The Chinese manufacturer announced this smartphone in China today , and is probably exclusive to this market only.
Also read – Xiaomi Mi A2 launched in Nepali market
The Honor 8C is equipped with a large 6.26-inch HD+ display with an 19:9 aspect ratio display (and a notch) and is powered by the newest Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 SoC, which is seen on a device for the first time. The power efficient CPU is then paired with 4GB of RAM and either 32GB or 64GB of internal store (expandable).
For photography, the Honor 8C is equipped with a dual-camera setup at the back. This setup includes a 13-megapixel f/1.8 primary sensor, and 2-megapixel f/2.4 secondary sensor. For selfies, the device comes with an 8-megapixel f/2.4 sensor.
For security, there’s a fingerprint sensor placed at the back below the camera module. The Honor 8C come with a battery of 4,000mAh . Connectivity options include dual-SIM card slots, 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, and GLONASS. On the software front, the device runs Android 8.1 Oreo-based EMIUI 8.2.
The Honor 8C has been launched in two variants. The base model with 32GB storage and 4GB RAM is priced at RMB 1,099 (NRs 18,900 approximately). The top model with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM is priced at RMB 1,399 (NRs 24,000 approximately). Buyers will be able to choose between Aurora Blue, Platinum Gold, Nebula Purple, and Midnight Black color options.
The Honor 8C packs a 4000mAh battery and runs EMUI 8.2 based on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box.
Huawei Honor 8C Full Specification
- CPU – Octa-core 4x 1.8 GHz Kryo 250, 4x 1.8 GHz Kryo 250
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 632, 64-bit Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 506
- Camera – Dual: 13 Megapixels + 2 Megapixel with Single-LED and AF Dual Rear Camera | 8 Megapixel Front camera
- Memory – RAM- 4GB | ROM 32GB/64GB External Memory Support Up to 256GB
- Display – Screen size 6.28 inches HD+ IPS Display (1520 x 720 Pixels), 19:9 Ratio
- Battery – Non-Removable 4,000 mAh Lithium-Polymer
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM)
- Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient Light, Fingerprint
- Color – Black, Blue, Gold
- Operating System – Android 8.1 Oreo with Emotion 8.2 UI
- I/O Interface – 1x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1x Nano SIM Card Slot, TF Card Slot, Micro USB, Headphone Jack, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone
- Dimensions – 75.94 mm x 158.72 mm x 7.98 mm