Oppo R15 Pro launched with SD 660, notch display, AI camera and VOOC
Oppo has been recently focusing on selling premium handsets in the Asian markets boasting its selfie camera capabilities and VOOC charge. The company recently launched Oppo R17 Pro in Nepali market for Rs.90,000 which was quite expensive based on the hardware specification it had to offer.
The company has now launched a cheaper version in the form of Oppo R15 Pro in the Indian market. The second smartphone in it’s R-Series is a rebranded version of the Oppo R15 Dream Mirror Edition, which was launched earlier in China.
Key features in the R15 Pro include an artificial intelligence (AI) backed camera, VOOC Flash Charge, water resistant build and support for wireless payments via NFC.
Oppo R15 Pro sports a 6.28-inch full HD+ on-cell OLED display with a resolution of 2280×1080 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19:9. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor paired with an Adreno 512 GPU. The device comes with 6GB of RAM along with 128Gb of internal storage expandable up to 256GB via a microSD card.
It features a water-resistant build that has a glass back surface with gradient colour options.
Oppo R15 Pro comes with a dual camera setup on the back consisting of a 20MP primary sensor with an aperture of f/1.7 paired with a 16MP secondary sensor with an f/2.0 aperture. On the front, the device features a 20MP sensor with an f/1.7 aperture for taking selfies.
The smartphone has Artistic Portrait Mode and AI Scene Recognition among the key camera-focused offerings. There is also an AI Beauty Technology 2.0 feature that analysis the user in terms of gender, age, skin colour, skin texture, face shape, and pupil characteristics to enhance photos accordingly.
In addition to the camera features, the Oppo R15 Pro comes preloaded with a Game Acceleration Mode that is touted to adjust system resources intelligently to improve your gaming experience.
The dual-SIM (Nano) Oppo R15 Pro runs on Google’s Android 8.1 Oreo operating system with the company’s own ColorOS 5.0 skin on top. All of this is backed by a 3,430mAh non-removable battery with support for the company’s own VOOC Flash Charge technology.
The Oppo R15 Pro has 128GB of onboard storage that is expandable via microSD card (up to 256GB). In terms of connectivity, the smartphone has 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, NFC, USB, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Besides, the smartphone packs a 3,430mAh battery that supports VOOC Flash Charge tech that is claimed to deliver two hours of talk time with five minutes of charging.
Oppo R15 Pro is currently available exclusively in Cosmic Purple and Ruby Red colour options. It is priced at Rs 25,990(NRs.41,584) for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant.
The smartphone is speculated to launch in Nepali market in the next few months with price ranging from Rs.50,000-60,000.
Oppo R15 Pro Specification
- CPU – Octa-Core 4x Kryo 260 2.2 Ghz – 4x Kryo 260 1.8 Ghz
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 MSM8976 Plus, 64-bit Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 512
- Camera – 16 Megapixels + 20 Megapixels with DualTone LED flash and AF Rear Camera | 20 Megapixel Front selfie camera
- Memory – RAM- 6GB LPDDR4X, 1866MHz | ROM 128GB External Memory Support up to 256GB
- Display – Screen size 6.28 inches OLED FHD+ (2280 x 1080 Pixels)
- Battery – Non-Removable 3,400 mAh Lithium-Polymer
- SIM – Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM/microSD)
- Sensors – Fingerprint Sensor (Back Mounted), Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Compass, Gyroscope, Hall
- Color – Black, Red
- Operating System – ColorOS 5.0 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, microSD/TF Card Slot, Micro USB Port, 3.5mm Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
- Dimensions -75.0 mm x 155.3 mm x 7.5 mm
- Weight – 175 Grams (With Battery)
- Oppo R15 Pro Price in Nepal – TBA