Samsung Galaxy M30 ready for launch in early March
Samsung recently launched it’s new M-Series smartphones in India and Nepal and now the company is reportedly gearing up to launch the third smartphone of this series , the M30.
The Galaxy M30 is expected to be launched in early March at a starting price of INR 16,000 (NRs. 25,600) which will create major worry for Chinese smartphone makers like Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo , Vivo , Realme and Redmi brands.
Samsung is lately following the USP of chinese makers by providing better hardware specification and design at consideraly lower price point. It is getting into head on battle to regain its market share that it once lost to chinese smartphone makers.
The upcoming Galaxy M30 is also readying to compete directly with Redmi Note 7 in the same price segment and hardware specs although full official details of the M30 is still to come.
Samsung will be offering a better screen this time with 6.38 inch Super AMOLED Infinity V-Display design like in the recently released M20 and M10 series but those came with low quality TFT screens. The Samsung M30 is expected to come with a full-HD + screen with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~395 ppi density).The 2.5D curved glass features an infinity-V notch for the 16 MP front-facing camera.
The M30 will feature a water drop notch on the top of the display. A small bezel is visible at the bottom of the phone which could house navigation buttons.
The handset will be powered by Exynos 7904 processor with 6GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage.The device will have a massive 5000mAh battery encased in a gradient blue or gradient black color case with the dimensions of 159 x 75.1 x 8.4mm and weigh 175 grams.
As far as the optics of the Samsung Galaxy M30 is concerned, the smartphone is expected to come with a 16 megapixel selfie camera. At the back, the Galaxy M30 is rumoured to come with a triple camera system, as per the drawings. Galaxy M30 can be seen with a vertical camera layout with the configuration as 13 megapixels + 5 megapixels + 5 megapixels. The rumours also suggest that the camera will have an ultra wide-angle lens together with a telephoto lens.
The Samsung Galaxy M30 won’t have an in-display fingerprint sensor. As per the design leak, the fingerprint sensor is located at the back. There is a USB Type-C port but there is no mention of 3.5mm audio jack.
The Samsung Galaxy M30 will be powered by a 5000mAh battery and it would run on Samsung Experience 9.5 UX. As far as connectivity is concerned, the smartphone connectivity options include Bluetooth, 4G VoLTE, dual-SIM, GPS, GLONASS etc.
Samsung is all now set to unveil the device on February 27 at 6 pm as hinted by a teaser on Twitter. The teaser makes no reference to a launch venue, perhaps the unveiling will be silently lunch in India.
Samsung Galaxy M30 Full Specification
- CPU – Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver) Clock
- Chipset – Exynos 7904 Octa, 64-bit Processor
- GPU – Mali-G71 MP2 GPU
- Camera – 13 Megapixels f/1.9 + 5 Megapixel f/2.2 with Dual-LED Flash and AF Dual Rear Camera + 5 Megapixel | 16 Megapixel f/2.0 Front Camera
- Memory – RAM- 4/6GB LPDDR4X | ROM 64/128GB, External Memory Support Up to 512GB (Dedicated Slot)
- Display – Screen size 6.38-inches AMOLED, FHD+ Display (2280 x 1080 Pixels), 19.5:9 Ratio, Dewdrop Notch
- Battery – Non-Removable 5,000mAh Lithium-Polymer with 15W Fast Charger
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Light, Compass Sensor, Gyroscope, Fingerprint (Rear Mounted)
- Color – Ocean Blue, Charcoal Black
- Operating System – Android 8.1 Oreo (Experience 9.5) OS
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1 x microSD/TF Card Slot, USB Type-C, 3.5mm Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
- Dimensions – 159.4 mm x 75.1 mm x 8.4 mm
- Samsung Galaxy M30 Price in Nepal – NRs. 26,700 [Expected]