Meizu Note 9 debuts with a 48 MP camera and Snapdragon 675
Meizu has just announced the arrival of its latest mid-range Android smartphone, Note 9 . This device is presented to the public with a large 6.2″ Full HD display and classic drop notch, plus a 48 Megapixel camera : let’s see it in detail.
- Display : 6.2-inch full HD (2244 × 1080 pixels, 18.7: 9), 450 nit
- CPU : Snapdragon 675 with Adreno 612 GPU
- RAM: 4 GB / 6 GB LPDDR4x
- Internal memory : 64 GB / 128 GB
- Rear camera : 48 MP with dual LED flash, Samsung GM1 sensor, f / 1.7, 5 MP secondary camera
- Front camera : 20 MP, f / 2.0
- Connectivity : Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions : 153.1 × 74.4 × 8.65 mm; Weight: 169.7 g
- Battery : 4000 mAh with quick charge
The chipset is Snapdragon 675, with an octa-core CPU going as high as 2 GHz. It is coupled with either 4 GB or 6 GB RAM, and storage is also in two variants – 64 GB and 128 GB. Sadly, it appears there is no microSD slot, so this is all the storage you get.
The feature to brag about for Meizu in the Note 9 is the 48 MP f/1.7 main camera with a Samsung GM1 sensor behind. It is coupled with a 5 MP shooter for depth sensing and fancy Portrait photos. The selfie camera residing in the waterdrop notch has 20 MP resolution.
The screen-to-surface ratio is 89.23% , with frames reaching 5.35 mm at the bottom, 3 mm at the front and 3.1 mm at the sides. Present a fingerprint reader on the back that can unlock the device in 0.2 seconds, while on the software side we find Android 9.0 Pie with Meizu Flyme 7.2 graphic interface .
Meizu Note 9 will be available initially in China from 11 March in Black, White and Sparkling Blue colors. Prices: 1398 yuan (about € 185) for the 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage, 1598 yuan (€ 210) for the 6 GB / 64 GB or 4 GB / 128 GB model.