Xiaomi CC9 launched with SD710, 32 MP Selfie and 48 MP Rear Camera
Xiaomi finally unveiled the new CC brand, aimed at young and active audiences, for whom the camera is a priority. The smartphones are the first Meitu-branded devices to be launched following the company’s acquisition by Xiaomi in November last year.
The first representative of the new series was the CC9, which according to Xiaomi itself, is a modification of Mi 9.
The CC9 sports a triple rear camera setup at the back, come in sleek gradient panel finishes, and a waterdrop-style notch up front.
So, the model offers the same 6.39 “AMOLED-display with Full HD + resolution, support for DC Dimming, AOD and built-in fingerprint scanner, while built on the Snapdragon 710 chipset – 7 Series (a class lower than that used in the Mi 9 Snapdragon 855 – 8 Series).
But the CC9 is ready to offer the buyer a 32-megapixel front camera that works on the same principle as the popular 48-megapixel sensor (4 small 0.8-micron pixels are combined into one to achieve imitation of 1.6 μm pixels.)
The rear triple camera setup comes with a 48-megapixel primary camera with f/1.9 aperture, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide angle sensor, and another 2-megapixel sensor for depth of field.
Rear camera features include super night mode, portrait mode bokeh, HDR, panorama, 4K video recording, slo-motion video recording support at 960fps.
And the CC9 is equipped with 4030 mAh battery with 18 W fast charging, 3.5 mm audio jack, NFC module.
Xiaomi CC9 will be available in two memory configurations: 6/64 and 6/128 GB with the option to expand further using a microSD card slot (up to 256GB).
Their price are at 1799 and 1999 yuan ($262 and $290).
Available colors are black (Dark Prince), white (White Lover) and blue (Blue Planet).
Key features include in-screen fingerprint sensor, face unlock, Game Turbo 2.0 mode, and Hi-Res audio. The phone weighs 179 grams and measures 156.8×74.5×8.67mm thin.
The Mi CC9 will run on Android Pie-based MIUI 10.
Separately, the buyer will be offered the Meitu Custom Edition , Xiaomi acquired Meitu last year. The Meitu Custom Edition is priced at 2599 yuan ($380) for a single version of 8/256 GB. The start of sales of CC9 is scheduled for July 5th.
Technical Specification of Xiaomi CC9 :
- Network: GSM (Band 2, 3, 5, 8), CDMA (BC0, BC1, BC6, BC10), WCDMA (Band 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 19), TD-SCDMA (Band 34, 39), FDD-LTE (Band 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30) , TDD-LTE (Band 34, 38, 39, 40, 41)
- Platform (at the time of the announcement): Android 9 Pie with MIUI 10
- Display : 6.39 “, 19.5: 9, 2340 x 1080 pixels, HDR, 600 nits (430 nits minimum), 60,000: 1, NTSC 103.8%, AOD, DC Dimming, AMOLED, Gorilla Glass 5
- Main Camera: triple, 48 megapixel (Sony IMX586, 0.8 microns (1.6 microns in 4-in-1 mode), f / 1.79, 6 lenses) + 8 megapixel wide-angle (1.12 microns, f / 2.2 ) + 2 MP depth sensor (1.75 microns, f / 2.4), dual LED flash, AI, HDR, portrait mode, video recording 2160p @ 30fps, 720p @ 960fps
- Front camera: 32 megapixel, 1.6 microns in 4-in-1 mode, AI, HDR, 1080p video recording
- Processor: 8 cores, up to 2.3 GHz, 10 nm, Qualcomm Snapdragon 710
- Graphics chip: Adreno 616 to 610 MHz
- RAM: 6 GB LPDDR4x 1866 MHz
- Internal memory: 64/128 GB UFS 2.1
- Memory card: microSD up to 256 GB
- Dual GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Bluetooth 5.0, LDAC, aptX / aptX-HD
- Wi-Fi (802.11a / b / g / n / ac), 2.4 / 5 GHz, Wi-Fi Direct, MU-MIMO
- 3.5 mm
- USB Type-C
- In-Display fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4030 mAh, 18W fast charge
- Dimensions: 156.8 x 74.5 x 8.67 mm
- Weight: 179 g