Vivo Z5 launched with Snapdragon 712 and 48 MP camera
After being introduced last week, the Xiaomi Mi A3 is already in the sights of the Vivo Z5, which should be one of its biggest rivals. Vivo‘s new mid-range smartphone was unveiled today in China. The new smartphone promises to bring impressive specs at a very competitive price.
Thus, it is called Vivo Z5 and is an advanced version of Vivo Z5x that was made official in China in May. Highlights of the Vivo Z5 include an on-screen fingerprint sensor, Snapdragon 712 chipset, 48 megapixel rear rear cameras and a large battery.
Vivo Z5 Specifications
First of all the Vivo Z5 measures 159.53 x 75.23 x 8.13mm and weighs 189.6 grams. However, the smartphone has a high gloss polycarbonate chassis like the Vivo Z5x. It is also equipped with a 6.38 inch AMOLED screen with a single drop of water. The resolution is Full HD 1080 x 2340 pixels. This screen offers a 19.5: 9 aspect ratio. Vivo has added a fingerprint reader to the dashboard that stands out for a quick response.
The Vivo Z5 also guarantees a 90 percent screen-to-body ratio and support for Always-on and DC dimming features.
Bike Price in Nepal 2023 (30+ Brands)
The Snapdragon 712 chipset is coupled with 6 GB or 8 GB of RAM. The smartphone comes with up to 256 GB of UFS 2.1 storage. The smartphone does not have a microSD card slot.
However, this device has a 4,500mAh battery that is equipped with support for 22.5W FlashCharge technology via USB-C.
For the optics, we have a triple camera setup at the rear. So we have a 48 megapixel main sensor with f / 1.8 aperture. Added to this is another 8 megapixel f / 2.2 aperture. It is ultra wide angle. However, we still have a 2 megapixel depth sensor with f / 2.0 aperture.
Vivo Z5 runs on Android 9 Pie operating system with FunTouch OS 9 interface on top. However, the Multi-Turbo system improves smartphone performance and speeds up the graphics card during gameplay.
Other features available on the Vivo Z5 include support for dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS and 3.5mm audio output.
Vivo Z5 is available in four different variants:
6 GB RAM + 64 GB Storage – 232 Euros
6 GB RAM + 128 GB Storage – 275 Euros
6 GB RAM + 256 GB Storage – 290 Euros
8 GB RAM + 128 GB Storage – 334 Euros
A Serious Threat to Xiaomi A3
After the great success achieved by the Mi A2, the Xiaomi Mi A3 has become one of the most anticipated smartphones of the Chinese manufacturer. In addition to a list of impressive specifications and modern line design, its price remains one of its strengths. Not to mention that it’s still the only Xiaomi line to come with Android One, a very important detail for many users.
In terms of specs, the Vivo Z5 seems to present itself as a worthy rival to the Mi A3, but that may not be true once they both hit the market. In addition to having very similar photographic specifications, the Z5 comes with a superior processor, higher quality display and also more RAM.
Although its base price ($279) is very attractive, it is likely to be available to us at a slightly higher price, which could affect its potential success.
It will be interesting to see the manufacturer’s possible efforts to bring this new mid-range to international markets. Even with a very complicated mission, users would surely have a lot to gain from a rival of the Xiaomi Mi A3.
Vivo Z5 Smartphone Full Specification
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 712, 64-bit Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 616, 500 MHz
- Camera – Triple 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP with LED flash and AF Rear Camera | 32 MP Front camera with face recognition
- Memory – RAM- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X, 1866MHz | ROM 64GB/128GB External Memory Support Up to 256GB Dedicated Slot
- Display – Screen size 6.38-inches AMOLED, FHD+ Display (2340 x 1080 Pixels), 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio, Gorilla Glass Protection
- Battery – Non-Removable 4500 mAh Lithium-Polymer with Fast Charging
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Proximity, Light, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint, In-display fingerprint sensor
- Color – Black, Green, Purple
- Operating System – Funtouch 9.0 OS (Android 9.0 Pie)
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Slot, 1 x Nano SIM, TF/Micro SD Card Slot, Type-C USB 2.0 Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone
- Dimensions – 75.23 mm x 159.5 mm x 8.13 mm
- Weight – 190 Grams (with Battery)
- More Features – Aluminium Alloy and Glass Body Design, Notch Display, UFS 2.1 Storage Technology, FHD+, Game Mode, Noise Cancellation, Hi-Fi Audio Technology, Rear Fingerprint Scanner, Triple Rear Camera, 10nm Chipset, Face Unlock, Fast Charging, 3.5mm Jack, VoLTE Support, OTG Support.