Vivo S1 with Helio P65, in-display fingerprint reader launched in Nepal
Recently, chinese smartphone maker Vivo launched in Indonesia their new device Vivo S1 belonging to the new S-Series. The Vivo S1 was initially launched in the chinese market but this S1 model differs from the chinese variant in few ways.
The chinese variant of Vivo S1 has a pop-up selfie camera, it comes equipped with a Helio P70 chipset and a fingerprint sensor located at the rear panel. While the Vivo S1 launched in Indonesian market comes with water-drop notch selfie camera, a less powerful Helio P65 chipset but with upgraded in-display fingerprint reader instead.
The Vivo S1(Global variant) after its launch in Indonesian market is now making its way to few other global markets such as Malaysia, India and Nepal.
The differences in the specification between chinese and global variant will surely have a difference in the price tag of this device.
The incoming global variant in Nepal of Vivo S1 comes with a 6.38-inch Full HD+ screen of 2340x1080p resolution with 19:9 aspect ratio. Powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P65 processor paired with 4GB RAM, it offers 128GB internal storage. Buyers get an option to use a microSD card of up to 256GB for additional storage.
Camera-wise, the device comes with a 32MP selfie camera and a triple rear camera setup with 16MP + 8MP (ultrawide) + 2MP (depth) sensors.
For gaming enthusisats the Vivo S1 comes with Ultra game mode and Multi-Turbo mode for smooth gaming experience and reduced frame-drop by up to 300%.
The device also comes with one additional button to activate Google Assistant on the left edge termed by the company as “Smart Button”. Similarly, clicking this button twice will activate Jovi Image Recognizer. Using this feature users can search over half billion images in various e-commerce platforms to find products using inbuilt AI feature.
Running on FuntouchOS 9 based on Android 9.0 Pie, the Vivo S1 comes backed by a 4,500mAh battery . The battery as stated by Vivo comes with dual-engine fast charging technology which enables the battery to last much longer. The dimension of this device are at 159.53×75.23×8.13mm.
The global Vivo S1 variant is offered in Cosmic Green and Skyline Blue colors.
Vivo S1 Price in Nepal
The Vivo S1 has been launched in Nepali market. The device is launched with 4GB of RAM and 128 GB internal storage with a price tag of nepali Rs 28960 . The pricing is a little bit higher due to added import taxes.
But if you need best in class of performance at a similar price range then Poco F1 could be a great alternative as it now available once again in Nepali market at a price tag of nepali Rs 29,999 for the 6GB RAM and 128 GB storage.
Vivo S1 Global Variant – Full Specification
- CPU – Octa-core 2x 2.0 GHz ARM Cortex-A75 6x 1.95 GHz ARM Cortex-A55
- Chipset – MediaTek Helio P65 (MT6768), 64-bit Processor
- GPU – ARM Mali-G52 MP2, 2 Cores, 820 MHz
- Camera – 16 MP + 8MP + 2 MP AI with dual-LED flash and AF Rear Camera | 32 Megapixel Front camera
- Memory – RAM- 6GB LPDDR4X, 1800MHz | ROM 128GB External Memory Up to 256GB
- Display – Screen size 6.38 inches Super AMOLED, FHD+ (1080 x 2340 Pixels)
- Battery – Non-Removable 4500 mAh Lithium-ion with Fast Charging
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM)
- Sensors – Proximity, Light, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint, In-display fingerprint sensor
- Color – Blue, Green
- Os – Funtouch 9.0 OS (Android 9.0 Pie)
- More Features – Plastic Body Design, Fingerprint Scanner under the display, Dual SIM, USB Type-C, GPS, GLONASS Navigation, 3.5mm Jack, AMOLED FHD+ display, Triple Rear Camera, eMMC 5.1 Storage, Sony IMX499 Exmor RS Sensor Model, Noise Cancellation.