BMW Nepal launches adventure tourer F 850 GS in Nepal
Himalayan Motorrad, is an authorized importer for BMW Motorrad in Nepal which recently launched the G310GS and G310R models in Nepal.
The company has now launched BMW F 850 GS in Nepali market for an unprecedented price of Rs 36 Lakhs. The F850 GS is open for bookings from BMW Nepal’s showroom located in Naxal, Kathmandu.
Ever since their debut in 2007, the GS models of the F series have stood for premium riding enjoyment with typical ‘Made by BMW Motorrad’ features, representing the middle-class Adventure segment. As before, the GS abbreviation again represents a perfect synthesis of touring and long-distance capability combined with sporty dynamics and supreme off-road performance. In short: A BMW GS is the perfect companion when it comes to discovering remote corners of the world by motorcycle.
Much has been said and commented on the evolution of the new BMW F 850 GS in relation to the previous model and the potential that it may have to compete for the leadership in its segment, beating with fierce competition from Honda, Triumph and KTM.
The new F 850 GS, which besides offering more power and torque, features even more distinctive touring characteristics coupled with supreme off-road ability.
The F 850 GS features a completely new look, which benefits from a more dynamic and masculine design. The new LED headlight gives the front view an especially striking visual appeal. In addition to the basic version, the new F models are also available in Exclusive style variations. The Rally style variant is exclusive to the new F 850 GS and places particular emphasis on its off-road capabilities.
The F 850 GS has a new powerful 2-cylinder in-line engine with two counterbalance shafts and a firing interval of 270/450 degrees for optimized smoothness and emotional sound.
After around ten years of consistent model development, BMW Motorrad has now fully redesigned and re-engineered its middle-class GS models in line with its objective of creating an ultimate riding machine that is even more uncomplicated and carefree, whether used for sport-oriented road riding, on tour complete with luggage and a passenger, or on an adventure trip into offroad terrain.
The company has created a balance of both power and torque in the F 850 GS while reducing fuel consumption levels at the same time. The displacement is 853 cc and the power output of 70 kW (95 hp) at 8250 rpm which translates to a supreme level of engine power.
Power transmission to the rear wheel comes from the 6-speed gearbox with secondary drive that is now positioned on the left-hand side.
The F 850 GS is built on a completely new design and has nothing to do with the previous model F 800 GS. Regarding the frame, BMW abandoned the previous steel tubular frame and opted for a new, more sturdy and precise steel double-girder structure, where the engine starts to function as a structural element. But it is also in electronics that BMW has bet on the greater sophistication of its F 850 GS, giving it a level of intervention and control that we usually see on motorcycles with higher cylinder capacity and higher end.
The new GS models address individual rider requirements by offering ‘Rain’ and ‘Road’ riding modes, while the combination of BMW Motorrad ABS and the ASC automatic stability control ensures a high level of safety.
The bridge frame of the new GS models in the F series is made of deep-drawn, welded components. It integrates the 2-cylinder in-line engine as a co-supporting element and offers benefits in terms of torsional rigidity and robustness. The fuel tank has been placed in the classic position between the seat bench and the steering head, for optimised packaging and an improved centre of gravity.
Highlights of the new BMW F 850 GS:
- Powerful 2-cylinder in-line engine with a displacement of 853 cc. F 850 GS: 70 kW (95 hp) at 8250 rpm and 92 Nm at 6250 rpm.
- Extremely powerful and emotional sound, produced by a crankshaft journal offset of 90 degrees and firing interval of 270/450 degrees.
- New, robust steel bridge frame in monocoque construction for increased riding precision.
- New telescopic fork/upside-down telescopic fork plus double-sided aluminium swinging arm with central spring strut for more sensitive response characteristics.
- ABS, ASC plus ‘Rain’ and ‘Road’ riding modes included as standard.
- Pro riding modes with ABS Pro and dynamic brake light, DTC and the new riding modes ‘Dynamic’, ‘Enduro’ and ‘Enduro Pro’ (the latter only with the F 850 GS) available as optional equipment ex works.
- ESA electronic suspension adjustment available as optional equipment.
- A self-amplifying, anti-hopping clutch for a discernible reduction in hand clutch operating force.
- LED headlight (low and high beam) as standard. LED daytime riding light as optional equipment.
- Connectivity with multi-functional instrument cluster and 6.5 inch full-colour TFT display plus numerous features as optional equipment.
- Intelligent emergency call function now offered for the first time as optional equipment for the middle class.
- Optimised offroad and travel ability plus improved wind and weather protection.
- Sharper GS profile resulting from new design.
- New colour concepts and style variations Rallye and Exclusive.
- A range of optional equipment and original BMW Motorrad accessories that is unique in the middle class, such as Keyless Ride, Gear shift assistant Pro, Dynamic ESA, eCall, Connectivity etc.
BMW F 850 GS Specifications
|Engine Displacement.:||853 cc|
|Number of Gears||6|
|No Of Cylinders:||2|
|Torque:||92 Nm @ 6250 rpm|
|Power:||95 PS @ 8250 rpm|
|Top Speed:||Over 200 kmph|
|Seat Height||860 mm|
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||15 Ltr|