Yamaha R15 v4 Launched in Nepal : Price, Specs and Features
The new Yamaha R15 V4 motorcycle can now be pre-ordered in Nepali market. The Yamaha Maha Exchange Fair is currently taking place at Bhrikuti Mandap, Kathmandu, where interested parties can test drive the bike.
In September of last year, Yamaha Motors India debuted the fourth generation of the long-running R15 motorcycle. An M-shaped intake duct was prominent in the R15 V4.0’s design, which was further emphasized by a single bi-functional Class-D LED headlight.
The horizontal design of the R15 V4.0, like the YZF- R1’s, inherited the DNA of Yamaha’s R series, unlike other super sport bike models.
Also Check : Yamaha Bikes Price in Nepal
Yamaha’s R15 V4 is powered by an engine that produces 18.4 horsepower at 10,000 RPM and 14.2 Nm of peak torque at 7,500 RPM. The 6-speed gearbox is combined with a VVA-equipped fuel-injected engine.
Lower (unsprung) end is light, while upper (sprung) end features substantial outer tubes bolted to the chassis for more rigidity. The bike employs an upside-down front fork with 37mm inner tubes. The R15 V4’s braking and cornering performance have been increased thanks to the new system.
The R15 V4 is Yamaha’s first small-displacement motorbike with a manual transmission to have Traction Control System.
To avoid excessive slippage, the system manages the timing and volume of the fuel injection and the ignition. The fast shifter on this Yamaha single-cylinder motorcycle allows for clutchless upshifts.
At speeds above 20 kilometres per hour, the bike’s engine must be at or above 2,000 rpm, and the bike is accelerating.
A new LCD instrument cluster inspired by the YZF R1 incorporates a gear shift indication and track and street modes in addition to Bluetooth connectivity with Yamaha Motorcycle Connect.
If you want to switch between display modes, there is a Trip/Info button on the right handlebar.
A 3-stage expansion chamber Muffler, a Deltabox frame, a Linked-type Monocross rear suspension, and Dual-Channel ABS are a few of the other standout characteristics.
With its projector LED light and aerodynamic design, this bike offers a racing-like appearance. Both the Sports and Street riding modes are included in the new R15 v4.0’s digital smart instrument cluster.
- Engine type Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve
- Displacement 155 CC
- Bore & stroke 58.0 mm × 58.7 mm
- Compression ratio 11.6 : 1
- Maximum horse power 13.5kW(18.4PS)/10000 RPM
- Starting system type Electric starter
- Transmission type Constant mesh, 6-speed
- Clutch type Wet, multiple-disc
- Fuel system Fuel injection
- Maximum torque 14.2 Nm (1.4 kgfm) @7,500 RPM
- Overall Length 1,990 mm
- Overall Width 725 mm
- Overall Height 1,135 mm
- Seat height 815 mm
- Wheel base 1,325 mm
- Minimum ground clearance 170 mm
- Kerb Weight (with oil & a full fuel tank) 142 kg
- Fuel tank capacity 11 L
- Frame type Deltabox
- Front suspension system Telescopic upside Down Fork (USD Fork)
- Rear suspension system Linked-Type Monocross Suspension
- Brake type (Front) Disc brake (282 mm)
- Brake type (Rear) Disc brake (220 mm)
- Tyre size (front) 100/80-17M/C 52P – Tubeless
- Tyre size (rear) 140/70R17M/C 66H – Radial Tubeless
- Inner tube (diameter of front fork) 37.0 mm
- ABS Dual channel
- Battery 12V, 4.0Ah
- Headlight Bi-functional LED (Class D)
- Position light LED
- Brake/tail light LED
- Speedometer Digital
- Tachometer Digital
- Fuel meter Digital
- Side stand engine cut-off switch Equipped
- Dual horn Equipped
- Gear position indicator Equipped
- Fuel consumption indicator Equipped
- Shift timing light Equipped
- VVA indicator Equipped
- Clock Digital,auto adjust with smartphone connectivity
- VVA Equipped
- Riding Modes Track Mode / Street Mode
- Y-Connect (Smartphone Bluetooth Connectivity) Equipped
Yamaha R15 v4 Price in Nepal
Yamaha’s official distributor in Nepal, MAW Enterprises Pvt. Ltd., has recently started the booking of this motorcycle.
In Nepal, the new R15 M is priced at Rs. 5,87,900 while the R15 v4 model is priced at Rs. 562,900.
The R15 v4 model is available in Blue, Black and Red colors. The price of different color options vary by Rs 10,000.