Xiaomi launches MI 8 LITE and MI 8 PRO
Global technology leader Xiaomi today unveiled Mi 8 Lite and Mi 8 Pro, giving users more ways to enjoy the best features from the Mi 8 series.
With a 24MP Sony IMX576 sensor on the front, and powered by the Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 660 AIE SoC with state-of-the-art gaming enhancements, Mi 8 Lite is perfect for those seeking both a powerful photography and gaming experience on their smartphones. Meanwhile, Mi 8 Pro elevates the experience of Mi 8 with the addition of pressure-sensitive in-display fingerprint technology. Inspired by the works of famous French impressionist Claude Monet, whose paintings are renowned for bringing out the effect of light on natural colors, Mi 8 Lite and Mi 8 Pro feature a new glass finishing that has a mirror-like gradient finish.
Also read – XIAOMI MI 8 YOUTH EDITION to go on sale on Sept 25
Mi 8 Lite for an amazing photography and gaming experience
Bike Price in Nepal 2023 (30+ Brands)
Check Full Details Here – Mi 8 Lite Details+Specs+Price
With 24 megapixels, the front-facing Sony IMX576 sensor on Mi 8 Lite is able to capture more details than ever before. In low light conditions, the sensor uses Super Pixel technology to combine the information of four pixels into one large pixel, resulting in improved clarity especially in indoor scenarios. As with Mi 8, the rear AI dual camera uses the Sony IMX363 as its main sensor, which comes with 1.4µm large pixels for images with less noise, along with Dual Pixel Autofocus to dramatically improve focusing speeds so you won’t miss your shot.
The high-performance camera hardware is paired with Xiaomi’s advanced AI features, including a new option that applies retouches to your eyebrows, pupils, chin and lips to achieve a nude makeup look. Meanwhile, the Mi 8 Lite display can light up in different colors to suit different scenarios when taking selfies, intelligently illuminating the face with the right color temperature for great-looking selfies.
Xiaomi MI 8 Lite Specifications :
- CPU – Octa-core (4 x 2.2GHz Kryo 260 & 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 260)
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 660, 64-bit Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 512 GPU
- Camera – 12 MP f/1.9 Sony IMX363. 1.4μm pixel size + 5 MP with Dual-LED flash and AF Rear Camera | 24 MP Front Sony IMX576 camera with face recognition
- Memory – RAM- 4GB/6GB LPDDR4X, 1866MHz | ROM 64GB/128GB External Memory Support Up to 256GB (Uses SIM 2 Slot)
- Display – Screen size 6.26 inches LCD, FHD+ Display (1080 x 2280 Pixels), 19:9 Aspect Ratio
- Battery – Non-Removable 3350 mAh Lithium-Poly with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- SIM – Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM / microSD), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Compass Sensor, Gyroscope, Fingerprint Scanner (Rear Mounted)
- Color – Aurora Blue, Sunset Gold, and Midnight Black
- Operating System – MIUI V10 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Slot, 1 x Nano SIM/TF/Micro SD Card Slot, USB Type-C Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
- Dimensions – 156.4 cm x 75.8 cm x 7.5 mm
- Weight – 169 Grams (with Battery)
- Version – Three Variants 4GB/64GB, 6GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB
Mi 8 Lite is powered by the Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 660 SoC with the powerful Qualcomm® Artificial Intelligence Engine (AIE). It is the first 660-powered device capable of running the Chinese version of Arena of Valor with Vulkan API support, giving it a massive boost in graphics and performance. This is the result of cooperation between Xiaomi and Tencent Games on game optimization after the two sides launched a research lab in July 2018. In addition, Xiaomi also worked with Epic Games to improve the performance, graphics and power efficiency of games based on the Unreal Engine. Mi 8 Lite also adopts Xiaomi’s new Mi Sound feature with an upgraded DSP (digital signal processing) algorithm for all-around audio improvement.
Mi 8 Lite will hit shelves across the Chinese Mainland on 25 September in Aurora Blue, Sunset Gold and Midnight Black, in three versions: 4GB+64GB for RMB 1399(NRs.23,560), 6GB+64GB for RMB 1699(NRs.28,615) and 6GB+128GB for RMB 1999(NRs.33,665).
Mi 8 Pro adds futuristic pressure-sensitive in-display fingerprint unlock
On top of the flagship Mi 8 features, Mi 8 Pro takes it one step further with a pressure-sensitive in-display fingerprint sensor. Unlike other in-display fingerprint technologies that waste energy by constantly pinging the screen to see if a finger is present, the dedicated pressure sensor only activates the unlocking process once you place your finger on the screen, which is faster and more power-efficient. Mi 8 Pro will also have a Transparent Titanium version with the same transparent design as Mi 8 Explorer Edition.
Mi 8 Pro, available in Sunset Gold, Black and Transparent Titanium, will be on sale starting 21 September in two versions: 6GB+128GB for RMB 3199(NRs.53,875) and 8GB+128GB for RMB 3599(NRs.60,700).
Xiaomi MI 8 Pro Specifications:
- Display – Samsung AMOLED display 6.21 inchesdiagonal 1080 x 2248 pixels (~402 ppi density)
- Chipset – Qualcomm octa-core processor Snapdragon 845
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 630 GPU
- RAM – 6 / 8 GBof RAM LPDDR4X
- ROM – 128 GB internal memory UFS 2.1
- Fingerprint Reader – Digital integrated in the display e Face Unlock through sensor IR
- Rear Camera – Dual camera back 12 + 12 MPwith pixel sizes from 1.4 μm, OIS to 4 Axis, dual pixel autofocus, AI portrait mode
- Front camera – 20 MPwith f /2.0 aperture and pixel size from 1.8 μm
- Connection – Dual SIM 4G, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.0, IR port, Dual-frequency GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS
- Battery – 3000 mAhwith Quick Charge 4.0+
- Dimensions – 154.9 x 74.8 x 7.6 mm for 177 g
- Operating System – Android 8.1 Oreo with proprietary MIUI 10 interface