LG V40 ThinQ with Snapdragon 845, penta-lens camera and DTS:x launched in India
LG launched it’s flagship model, the V40 ThinQ in October last year and has now the company has launched it’s V-series handset in the Indian market.
The key highlight of the smartphone is that it bears a total of five cameras – two in the front and three at the rear. The V40 is also LG’s first smartphone to come up with the notched display design.
LG has also packed its proprietary Boombox speaker along with a 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad-DAC audio and DTS:X 3D surround sound experience in the V40.
The dual-SIM LG V40 ThinQ runs Android 8.1 Oreo and is upgradable to Android 9 Pie. It features a 6.4-inch QHD+ (1440×3120 pixels) OLED FullVision display panel with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio and a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Under the hood, there is an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, paired with 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB of UFS2.1 onboard storage that is expandable via microSD card (up to 2TB).
Bike Price in Nepal 2023 (30+ Brands)
LG has provided a triple camera setup on the V40 ThinQ. The camera setup includes a primary 12-megapixel sensor along with 1.4-micron pixel size, f/1.5 aperture, and 78-degree viewing angle.
Also, the setup has a 16-megapixel ultra-wide angle sensor along with a 107-degree viewing angle, f/1.9 aperture, and 1-micron pixel size as well as a 12-megapixel sensor along with 1-micron pixel size and a telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture and 45-degree viewing angle.
For selfies, the smartphone has a dual camera setup at the front – with an 8-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.9 aperture and 1.4-micron pixel size and a 5-megapixel wide-angle sensor along with f/2.2 aperture and 1.4-micron pixel size.
There is a preloaded Triple Preview feature that is designed to let you capture three simultaneous shots from the triple rear camera setup and pick the best among them. The smartphone also has 12-megapixel sensor sports a telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 1-micron pixel size, and 45-degree viewing angle.
In terms of connectivity, the LG V40 ThinQ has 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. The smartphone comes with a rear-facing fingerprint sensor. Besides, it packs a 3,300mAh battery, which supports Quick Charge 3.0, and measures 158.7×75.8×7.79mm.
The LG V40 ThinQ price in India has been set at INR 60,000 (MRP). However, Amazon.in has listed the handset with a deal price of INR 49,990. It comes in Grey and Blue colour options.
LG V40 ThinQ Full Specification
- CPU – Octa Core 4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 + 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, 64-Bit Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 630, 710 MHz GPU
- Camera – 12 MP + 12 MP + 16 MP with LED and AF Triple Rear Camera | 8 MP + 5 MP Dual Front camera
- Memory – RAM – 6GB LPDDR4x, 1866MHz | ROM 64GB/128GB, External Memory Supported Up to 2TB
- Display – Screen size 6.4 inches P-OLED QHD+ Screen with (1440 x 3120 Pixels Resolution)
- Battery – Non-Removable 3,300 mAh Lithium-Polymer
- SIM – Dual SIM Card (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM), Dual Standby | Single SIM Model Also Available
- Sensors – Proximity, Light, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Barometer, Fingerprint, Hall
- Color – Red, Blue, Black, Gray
- Operating System – LG UX (Android 8.1 Oreo)