TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi E100 launched; First Ethanol powered motorcycle
NEW DELHI: TVS Motor Company on Friday launched ethanol-powered bike TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi E100, priced at Rs 1.2 lakh. The company said the new model would be available for sale in sugarcane-producing Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Karnataka, to begin with.
Currently, there are no ethanol fuelling stations in the country. But, speaking at the launch event here, road transport and highways minister Nitin Gadkari said his ministry will ask the ministry of petroleum and natural gas to open ethanol pumps in the country.
TVS Apache is the flagship brand of TVS Motor Company with sales of over 3.5 million units across the globe.
“Today, the two-wheeler industry is looking at green and sustainable future mobility solutions spanning across electric, hybrid and alternate fuels. The company believes that ethanol-based products are an important option for our customers,” TVS Motor Company Chairman Venu Srinivasan told reporters here.
* India’s first ethanol-based motorcycle
* Green graphics seamlessly woven with the ‘Ethanol’ logo
* No other body or cosmetic changes
* Peak power: 21 PS @ 8500 rpm
* Maximum torque: 18.1 Nm @ 7000 rpm
* Equipped with Twin-Spray-Twin-Port EFI technology
* Price: Rs 1.2 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi)
* Concept was first showcased at Delhi Auto Expo 2018
* Special edition would be available in Maharashtra, UP and Karnataka
This is due to the easy compatibility in transition to ethanol and its sustained positive impact on the environment without compromising on performance and total cost of ownership, he added.