Vivo V7 launched in Nepali market
Vivo, a Chinese cell phone manufacturer, unveiled a new member of its V series of phones, Vivo V7, in Nepal on Monday. The smartphone will be available in the domestic market from December 3.
Although Vivo is yet to fix the price of the new phone for the Nepali market, one of the authorised distributors of the phone said it would cost less than Rs30,000. The authorised distributors of Vivo in Nepal are Manokamana Pvt Ltd and Cell City Pvt Ltd. These distributors have opened pre-booking of V7 in Nepal.
The V7 is the latest addition to Vivo’s V series of phones, which is known for its photography features, screen quality and the overall product design.
Vivo claims that V7 strengthens Vivo’s leadership in selfies, as it is loaded with a 24-megapixel (MP) front camera with feature like smart photography algorithms which generate crystal-clear and natural-looking photos.
It also features a portrait mode which blurs the background of the image for sharper contrast and delivers picture quality equivalent to those by DSLR cameras, reads the press release. The Vivo V7 comes with a 16MP, f2.0 primary camera on the rear.
The V7 comes with an 18:9 aspect ratio full-view 5.7-inch display with a resolution of 720 by 1440 pixels offering 12.5 percent more visual display area compared to traditional 16:9 screens. Its 83.6-percent screen-to-body ratio helps enhance users’ visual experience.
The Vivo V7 is powered by 1.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor and comes with 4GB of RAM.
The phone packs 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. V7 runs on Funtouch 3.2 operating system based on Android 7.1 and includes features like Smart Split 3.0 making it user friendly.
The V7 features Vivo’s Face Access technology which provides an easy and convenient way to unlock the phone. It quickly detects more than 100 different facial identification points which allows users to capture important moments, reads the press release.
This device also comes with a fingerprint sensor. Vivo is a Chinese technology company that designs, develops, and manufactures smartphones, smartphone accessories, software, and online services. It was founded in 2009 in Dongguan, Guangdong, China.
In 2012, Vivo released the X1. The X1 was also the first Vivo phone to use a hi-fi chip,developed by American semiconductor company Cirrus Logic. Vivo followed this up in 2013 by releasing the world’s first 2k-resolution screen phone, the Xplay3s.
Vivo V7 Full Specification
- Display: 5.7 inch Full View IPS LCD display, 77.1% screen-to-body ratio
- Resolution: HD+ (720 x 1440 pixels) @ 282PPI pixel density, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Snapdragon 450
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- OS & UI: Android Nougat (v7.1.2) with Funtouch OS 3.2
- RAM: 4GB
- Memory: 32GB Internal storage; expandable up to 256GB via SDcard (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera: 16 MP (1/3″ sensor size, 1.0 µm pixel size), f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, LED flash; Captures 64MP Ultra HD photos, portrait mode
- Front Camera: 24 MP, f/2.0; Face beauty with natural face enhancement
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), 4G, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, USB-OTG
- Sensors: Fingerprint (Rear Mounted), Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient light, Compass
- Battery:3000mAh non-removable battery
- Vivo V7 Price in Nepal: 29,990