Redmi 7A budget smartphone with Snapdragon 439 Launched
Xiaomi introduced its sub-brand smartphone in India, called Redmi 7A.
The budget smartphone offers more value for money as it features a better camera and a price tag of less than $100.
The Redmi 7A comes with a 5.45-inch HD+ (720×1440 pixels) display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, there is an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 SoC, paired with 2GB RAM.
For photos and videos, the Redmi 7A flaunts the 12-megapixel Sony IMX486 camera at the back along with an LED flash and PDAF lens. There is also a 5-megapixel selfie camera at the front. The front-facing camera supports AI Face Unlock feature.
Furthermore, the company is set to bring an AI Scene Detection feature to the Redmi phone through an over-the-air (OTA) update.
The Redmi 7A has 16GB and 32GB of internal storage options that both are expandable via microSD card (up to 256GB) with a dedicated slot. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS/ A-GPS, FM radio, Micro-USB, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Besides, the phone packs a 4,000mAh battery with 10W charging support and includes P2i splash-resistant coating on top.
The phone comes in three colour options, namely Matte Black, Matte Blue, and Matte Gold colour options.
Redmi 7A is available in two storage options of 2GB RAM +16 GB and 2GB RAM+ 32 GB at a price tag of INR 5,999(around Nepali Rs 9600) and INR 6199(around Nepali Rs 9920) respectively.
Redmi 7A Specification
- CPU – Octa-core (2 x 2.0GHz Cortex-A53, 6 x 1.45GHz Cortex A53)
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 SDM439, 64-bit Processor
- GPU – Adreno 505 GPU
- Camera – 13 MP f/2.2 with LED flash and AF Rear Camera | 5 Megapixel Front camera
- Memory – RAM- 2GB/3GB LPDDR3 | ROM 16GB/32GB External Memory Support up to 256GB (Dedicated)
- Display – Screen size 5.45-inches IPS, HD+ (1440 x 720 Pixels), 18:9 Aspect ratio
- Battery – Non-Removable 4000 mAh Lithium-Polymer, 10W Charger
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM)
- Sensors – Proximity, Accelerometer, Compass
- Color – Matte Black, Morning Blue
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, microSD/TF Card Slot, Micro USB v2.0 Port, 3.5mm Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone
- Dimensions – 146.3 mm x 70.4 mm x 9.6 mm
- Weight – 165 Grams (with Battery)
- More Features – Plastic Back Design, Splash resistant, Dual Camera, HD+ Display, Micro USB, Dedicated Card Slot, Fast Charging, Wi-Fi, BT 4.2, GLONASS, BDS.