Motorola One Macro Launched with Helio P70 and Triple Camera
On Wednesday 9th October, Motorola announced a more cost-effective intermediate smartphone with macro lens camera in the Indian market. The Motorola One Macro as the name implies alloes to take macro photos with above-average quality with the help of dedicated macro sensor.
Triple camera and special sensor for macro
The device has three rear sensors: the main has 13 MP, aperture f/2.0 and records videos in Full HD and 60 frames per second, or in slow motion with 120 frames per second. There is a 2 MP sensor that recognizes images in depth and makes photos with the blurry background of high quality.
The macro sensor, which gives the name to the smartphone, has 2 MP, aperture f/2.2 and pixels of 1.75 µm. It captures images at a minimum distance of 2 centimeters, allowing bokeh photos without the need for post-processing.
There is no dedicated telephoto sensor, but the device uses the information from the other three sensors to create photos in this style. The autofocus is improved from the built-in laser feature with set of cameras. The front camera has 8 MP and aperture F/2.0 for selfies.
One Macro is a low-cost smartphone, but it has a good hardware configuration, with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage. The processor is the Helio P70 from Mediatek, and the graphic chip is Mali-G72.
The design presents slightly more accentuated edges than in other models, especially the inferior ones. The IPS LCD screen has 6.2 inches and 1520 x 720 pixels resolution. There is a water drop style notch in the form of a drop of water, which is relatively discreet.
The handset comes out of the factory with the Android 9 Pie customized by Motorola and guaranteed to update to Android 10.
The 4,000 mAh battery supports 10 W charging, and should keep it running throughout the day, with normal to moderate use.
Motorola One Macro Price
Motorola has launched the Motorola One Macro in a single 4GB RAM + 64GB storage configuration priced at Rs. 9,999(NRs 16,000). The phone will only be available in a single Space Blue colour in India.
It will go on sale starting October 12 at 12am (midnight) via Flipkart, the same day that the Flipkart Big Diwali sale also kicks off.
Motorola One Macro Detailed Specification
- The 6.2-inch MAX Vision display, with 19.5:9 ratio and HD resolution (1520 x 720 pixels);
- MediaTek’s octa-core processor, the Helio P70, with a 2.0GHz clock and the Mali-G72 MP3 GPU;
- A combination of 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, a microSD card slot;
- Triple main camera: 13 MP (f /2.0, pixel size 1.2 microns) and 2 mp (macro lens, pixel size 1.75 microns) and 2 mp (depth sensor). The macro lens is able to take photos with a background blur from a distance of up to 2 cm. The video camera shoots in Full HD resolution, 60 frames per second and there is a slow-motion shot at a speed of 120 frames per second. In addition to the dual LED flash, the rear cameras are connected to the laser autofocus system;
- 8MP front-facing camera (f / 2.2);
- Support for dual SIM cards, 4G VoLTE;
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS;
- 4000 mAh battery (with up to 2 days of battery life), set 10 w network adapter;
- USB Type-C port and 3.5mm audio connector
- OS – Android 9 Pie. Since the smartphone is a member of Android One, it should get Android 10 later this year, eligible for another two years of security updates.