Motorola launches Moto G 5G Plus with 90 Hz screen and 5,000 mAh battery
Motorola officially announced the Moto G 5G, the first with Moto G series of smartphones. The company, owned by Lenovo, says this will be a way to bring the new mobile data technology to the average consumer, rather than making it accessible only in the premium or flagship range.
The highlights of the Moto G 5G Plus includes – Snapdragon 765G chipset with support for fifth generation network, dual front camera, quad camera setup on the rear with 5,000 mAh battery
Launching “cheap” smartphones with 5G is a strategy that several manufacturers are implementing. So far -Xiaomi, Oppo and Vivo are some of the brands to do so. However, outside the Chinese market, Motorola has a chance to stand out from other smartphone manufacturers.
The Moto G 5G Plus features a 6.7-inch screen with Full HD + resolution and a refresh rate of up to 90 Hz.
The device has a dual setup selfie camera positioned in two holes in the upper left corner. The two sensors feature 16 megapixel resolutions (f / 2 aperture) and 8 megapixel resolutions (ultra wide lens and f / 2.2 aperture) for taking selfies or while using voice and video calls.
The Moto G 5G Plus is powered by a Snapdragon 765 – 5G processor with the Snapdragon X52 modem, capable of connecting to the fifth generation networks . The smartphone is divided into two variants, with RAM and storage of 4 GB + 64 GB and 6 GB + 128 GB.
At the rear, the quad camera setup is present on a square module, with a main camera of 48 megapixels (f / 1.7). There are also three other sensors of 8 MP (wide angle, f / 2.2, 118º), 5 MP (macro) and a fourth to capture depth of field (2 MP, f / 2.2).
The phone has a battery capacity of 5,000 mAh and supports Turbo Power technology, which offers fast recharge with a power of 20 watts. According to Motorola, the charge is sufficient for “two days without having to worry about slowing down or recharging”.
For connectivity there are USB-C port, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, Wi-Fi (Dual Band), GPS and support for Dual SIM. The phone also has a side-mounted fingerprint reader, a button to activate Google Assistant and a dedicated headphone jack (3.5 mm).
Motorola Moto G 5G Plus – Specifications:
- Screen: 6.7-inch LTPS, Full HD + resolution (2520 x 1080), 409 ppi, 90 Hz, HDR10, 21: 9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 5G
- RAM: 4 GB and 6 GB
- Storage: 64 GB and 128 GB, expandable by microSD card up to 1 TB
- Quadruple rear camera:
- main: 48 megapixel, f / 1.7, Quad Pixel, 1.6 µm
- ultrawide: 8 megapixels, f / 2.2, 118º, 1.12 µm
- macro: 5 megapixels, 1.12 µm, focus up to 2 cm away
- depth: 2 megapixels, f / 2.2, 1.75 µm
- Dual front camera:
- main: 16 megapixels, f / 2, 1.0 µm
- ultrawide: 8 megapixels, f / 2.2, 1.12 µm
- Battery: 5,000 mAh, 20 W charger
- Operating system: Android 10
- Connectivity: USB-C, headphone jack (3.5 mm), 5G, 4G, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac (Dual Band), GPS and Dual SIM
- More: fingerprint reader on the side
- Dimensions and weight: 168 x 74 x 9 mm, 207 g
Motorola Moto G 5G Plus Price and Availibility
Sales of the new Moto G line-up begins on July 8, 2020 in Europe. The pricing is set as follows:
- 4 GB + 64 GB: € 349 euros (US$ 394 )
- 6 GB + 128 GB: € 399 euros (US$ 450)
There is no price forecast and release date for the Motorola Moto G 5G Plus in Nepali market.