Motorola launches Moto G6 Plus with Max Vision display
After launching Moto G6 and G6 Play in India in June, Motorola has today launched the Moto G6 Plus smartphone in the Indian market. The phone was originally introduced earlier this year in April along with other Moto G6 and Moto E5 series devices.
The Moto G6 Plus features a 5.93-inch Full HD+ (1920 x 2160)18:9 display which the company refers as Max Vision display. The all-glass body of the smartphone is protected from minor scratches by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Also read — Panasonic Eluga Ray 530 With larger display and better camera
The phone is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 630 octa-core processor clocked at 2.2GHz, coupled with 6GB of RAM. It’s not yet clear if the company plans to bring the 4GB RAM international variant to India. The phone packs 64GB internal storage and support microSD card for expanding storage capacity.
The highlight of the phone is its camera configuration. It features a dual-camera setup on the back, consisting of a 12MP primary sensor with f/1.7 aperture and a 5MP secondary sensor. While the international variant comes with an 8MP snapper on the front, the Indian version features a 16MP front-facing camera with a low-light mode.
Connectivity options on the device include Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, and USB Type-C port. There’s also a fingerprint sensor on the front along with the ability to face unlock. To protect the device from water splashes, it comes with P2i water-repellent nanocoating.
The handset is running a near-stock version of Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box with a few Moto apps pre-installed. The Moto G6 Plus is powered by a 3,200mAh battery that supports TurboPower charging which the company claims can provide hours of power in minutes of charging.
The Moto G6 Plus is priced at ₹22,499 (NRs. 36,000) and comes in just one color, Indigo Black. It goes on sale in India today via Amazon.in, Moto Hub stores, and other leading offline stores.
Moto G6 Plus Full Specification
- CPU – Octa-core (4 x 2.2GHz ARM Cortex-A53 + 4 x 1.8GHz ARM Cortex-A53)
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 508 GPU
- Camera – 12 MP + 5 MP with Dual-LED Flash and AF Dual Rear Camera | 8 MP F/2.0 Front Camera with LED Flash
- Memory – RAM- 4GB/6GB LPDDR4, 1333MHz | ROM 64GB External Memory Support up to 256GB
- Display – Screen size 5.9 inches IPS, LCD, FHD+ Display (1080 x 2160 Pixels)
- Battery – Non-Removable 3,200mAh Lithium-ion
- SIM – Single SIM or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM/microSD), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Fingerprint (Front Mounted), Proximity sensor, Light sensor, Compass
- Color – Blue, Silver
- Operating System – Android 8.0 Oreo OS
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM card, 1 x Nano SIM Slot or TF card, Type-C USB Port, 3.5mm Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
- Dimensions – 75.5 mm x 160.0 mm x 8.0 mm
- Weight – 167 Grams (With Battery)