Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite launched with bigger display, battery and better camera features
Samsung has announced the launch of two new models of smartphones belonging to the Galaxy S10 and Note 10 series that was released in 2019 and is marked as a Lite variants and will be available at an accessible price point. The models are Galaxy S10 Lite and Galaxy Note10 Lite.
Both the Galaxy S10 Lite and Galaxy Note10 Lite will be on display at CES 2020, which takes place January 7-10, 2020.
The Galaxy S10 series had trio of models consisting of one lite version – the Galaxy S10e . But according to Samsung the new Galaxy S10 Lite has a larger screen and a slight upgrade to cameras compared to the S10e.
In addition, the S10 Lite opted for the hole on the screen, which Samsung calls Infinity-U Display. Finally, the S10 Lite has a 4,500 mAh battery compared to the 3,100 mAh of the S10e.
According to official information released by Samsung the specification of Galaxy S10 Lite are as follows except the processor info which the company will reveal later;
Galaxy S10 Lite Specifications
|Display||6.7-inch Full HD+Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O Display, |
|* Super AMOLED Plus display creates ergonomic design with thin and light display panel by adopting flexible OLED technology” |
* Screen measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners; actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners and camera hole.
|Camera||Rear: Triple Camera– Macro: 5MP F2.4 |
– Wide-angle: 48MP Super Steady OIS AF F2.0
– Ultra Wide: 12MP F2.2
Front: 32MP F2.2
|Body||75.6 x 162.5 x 8.1mm, 186g|
|AP||7nm 64-bit Octa-core processor (Max. 2.8 GHz + 2.4 GHz + 1.7 GHz)|
|Memory||6/8GB RAM with 128GB internal storage|
|* May differ by model, color, market and mobile operator. |
* User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed.
|* Typical value tested under third-party laboratory condition. Typical value is the estimated average value considering the deviation in battery capacity among the battery samples tested under IEC 61960 standard. Rated (minimum) capacity is 4,370mAh. Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns and other factors.|
The Galaxy S10 Lite is available in Prism White, Prism Black and Prism Blue.
- Uninterrupted Display: Galaxy S10 Lite offers edge-to-edge Infinity-O displays. With a 6.7-inch screen size, the display provides an expansive and immersive experience, allowing you to fully enjoy and get lost in your favorite multimedia content.
- Larger and Long-Lasting Battery: The Galaxy S10 Lite comes packed with a large 4,500mAh battery and super-fast charging capabilities, so you can stay connected longer and spend more time doing the things you love.
- Services and Security: The Galaxy S10 Lite comes with Samsung’s ecosystem of apps and services, including Bixby, Samsung Pay and Samsung Health. As you would expect, these Galaxy Lite devices are also protected with defense-grade security platform Samsung Knox.
The Galaxy S10 Lite offers a suite of camera features and capabilities, building on Samsung’s industry-leading camera technologies and bringing them to more widely accessible devices.
Bring your photography to the next level with the Galaxy S10 Lite, which features a main Wide-angle camera and Ultra Wide and Macro cameras alongside the new Super Steady OIS. When paired with Super Steady mode, Super Steady OIS provides higher stability for action-focused photos and videos, letting you share your world, your experience, without any compromise.
The Ultra Wide camera has a 123-degree angle lens, like the human eye, while the front and rear high resolution cameras allow you to capture details in crystal-clear focus.