Xiaomi Redmi 5 – Price Specs & Features
When it comes to the budget segment, there are no two thoughts that Xiaomi rules the roost.
The Redmi family of Xiaomi has always been one of the most interesting for all people who want to buy a quality smartphone without spending a fortune.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 comes with a 5.7-inch 18:9 display with Full HD+ resolution and rounded corners. It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 SoC and is backed by a 3300 mAh battery. It runs the latest MIUI 9 on top of Android 7.1.2 Nougat.
In terms of optics, the Redmi 5 sports a 12-megapixel primary camera with 1.25μm pixels, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, HDR, and LED flash. At the front, there is a 5-megapixel selfie shooter with LED Selfie-light and Beautify 3.0. The metal body smartphone measures 7.7 mm in thickness and as Xiaomi claims, is the slimmest Redmi till date.
Connectivity options on the device include dual (Nano) SIM support, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS/ A-GPS, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Full Specification
- CPU – Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU Clock
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 450, 64-bit Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 506 GPU
- Camera – 12 Megapixels with LED flash and AF Rear Camera | 5 Megapixel Front Camera
- Memory – RAM- 2GB/3GB LPDDR3, 933MHz | ROM 16GB/32GB External Memory Support Up to 128GB (Uses Sim 2 Slot)
- Display – Screen size 5.7 inches HD+, IPS Display (720 x 1440 Pixels)
- Battery – Non-Removable High 3300mAh Lithium-Polymer, with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- SIM – Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano SIM + Nano SIM/microSD), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Fingerprint
- Color – Gold, Black, Blue, Rose-Gold, Gray, Pink, Silver, White
- Operating System – Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS with MIUI 9
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 Price in Nepal – Rs. 15,499(2GB + 16GB) and Rs.19,499(3GB+32GB)