Vivo Y85 with notched display launched in Nepal
Vivo has launched the Y85 model smartphone in the Nepali market. The phone had been released in China back in March and targets the burgeoning mid-range segment in Nepal.
The Vivo Y85 could be considered to be “Vivo V9 Lite” with a design similar to the V9, a little toned-down in specs and but lighter on the wallet.
From the exterior, it resembles the Vivo V9, the current flagship model from the company. The Vivo Y85 flaunts a notch display and dual rear camera module at an affordable price.
Following the current trend of notch on the front display, this Vivo phone comes with 19:9 aspect ratio design with extremely thin bezels all around. The top of the FHD+ display features the in-vogue iPhone X-like notch that houses the selfie camera, earpiece and sensors. As far as the display size is concerned, it is a tad smaller at 6.22 inches.
The rear dual-camera setup features 13MP+2MP camera configuration whereas the front selfies camera features a 8 MP camera.
The camera is equipped with the AI technology to help in taking better and natural looking images with beautification mode touches.
Under the hood, the Vivo Y85 integrates an octa-core MediaTek 6762 SoC with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage. The storage is expandable up to 256GB via microSD card.
On the software side of things, the Vivo Y85 runs Android 8.1 Oreo with Funtouch 4.0 skin slapped on top. A 3,260mAh battery keeps things ticking. For the biometrics, the phone is armed with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and also the facial recognition feature. Amongst the standard connectivity options, it supports 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, USB OTG, and dual SIM slots. It measures 154.8x75x7.8mm in dimension and weighs 139gram.
The Vivo Y85 is currently available to buy in Nepali market at a very tantalizing price of NRs.29,990. Buyers can choose from two color options which are Ruby Red and Black.
Vivo Y85 Smartphone Full Specification:
- CPU – Octa-Core 2.0 GHz ARM Cortex-A53 MediaTek MT6762
- Chipset – MediaTek Helio P22 2.0GHz octa-core processor
- GPU – PowerVR GE8320
- Camera – 13MP + 2MP f/2.0 with LED Flash and AF Dual Rear Camera | 16 Megapixel Front camera
- Memory – RAM- 4GB LPDDR4, 933MHz | ROM 64GB, External Memory Support Up to 256GB
- Display – Screen size 6.22-inches LCD IPS Display FHD+ (720 x 1520 Pixels),19:9 aspect ratio
- Battery – Non-Removable 3,260mAh Lithium-Polymer
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Fingerprint ID (Rear Mounted)
- Color – Champagne, Black
- Operating System – Funtouch OS 4.0 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, microSD/TF Card Slot, micro USB 2.0 Port, 3.5mm Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
- Dimensions – 154.81 mm x 75.03 mm x 7.89 mm
- Weight – 150 Grams (With Battery)
- More Feature – Metal Body Design, LTE Cat 6 300 Mbps Download, LTE Cat 6 50 Mbps Upload, HSPA+, LED Notifications, Infrared, Computer Sync, OTA Sync, Tethering, OTG Support, FM Radio, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, Bezel-Less Display, Fingerprint Sensor, Fast Charging Technology, Noise Cancellation.