Oppo Find X upcoming variant to feature 10GB RAM
The Oppo Find X’s upcoming high-end variant is all set to become the first smartphone in the world to feature 10GB of RAM. The phone is now in the process of mandatory certification in China, and will be likely be unveiled in the coming weeks. While the phone was first launched in June this year, and certified in May, a new variant has popped up on TENAA that comes with 10GB of RAM and 256GB of onboard storage. Launch date has not been confirmed by Oppo yet.
This 10GB variant of the Oppo Find X is listed on Chinese certification website TENAA, first spotted by Twitter user Ice Universe in a tweet. It appears to have a smaller 3,645mAh battery unit, but there is no word on whether this variant will support regular VOOC or Super VOOC charging standards. Apart from that, specifications seem to match the existing models of the Find X. To recall, the Oppo Find X comes at a starting price of CNY 4,999 in China and goes all the way up to EUR 1,699 for the Limited Lamborghini Edition with 512GB storage. In India, the smartphone has been priced at Rs. 59,990 for the lone 8GB RAM/ 256GB inbuilt storage model.
Oppo Find X specifications
The Oppo Find X runs ColorOS 5.1 on top of Android 8.1 Oreo, and sports a 6.42-inch full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) AMOLED display panel with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio and 93.8 percent screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, paired with Adreno 630 GPU, 8GB of RAM, and up to 256GB of onboard storage.
In terms of optics, the Find X bears a motorised camera slider with a dual rear camera setup. The rear module consists of a 16-megapixel primary sensor and a 20-megapixel secondary sensor. There is a single 25-megapixel camera sensor up front, with f/2.0 aperture, for selfies and video calling. The phone packs in a 3,730mAh battery under the hood with VOOC fast charging.
It would be interesting to see how much of an upgrade the humongous amount of RAM offers over the 8GB RAM option. Apple and Android flagships like the Apple iPhone XS and Google Pixel 2 come with 4GB RAM each and perform exceedingly well.
Oppo Find X Full Specifications
- CPU – Octa Core 4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 + 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, 64-Bit Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 630, 710 MHz GPU
- Camera – 20 MP + 16 MP with Dual-LED and AF Dual Rear Camera | 25 Megapixel Front camera
- Memory – RAM – 8GB LPDDR4x, 1866MHz | ROM 128GB/256GB, External Card Not Supported
- Display – Screen size 6.4 inches AMOLED FHD+ Screen with (1080 x 2340 Pixels Resolution)
- Battery – Non-Removable 3,730 mAh Lithium-Polymer
- SIM – Dual SIM Card (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gravity, Gyroscope, Light sensor, Proximity, Infrared Face Recognition Sensor
- Color – Red, Blue
- Operating System – ColorOS 5.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)