Asus ROG Phone 2 with SD855+ officially launched, price starting at $510
This afternoon, ROG held a new product launch conference and officially launched the ROG game mobile phone 2.
Asus last year launched their first smartphone designed particularly for the gaming enthusisats which was based on last year’s flagship Snapdragon 845. The first device was launched as Asus ROG Phone and now the company has its second iteration ready in the form of Asus ROG Phone 2.
Performance wise the ROG gaming phone 2 is equipped with the new Snapdragon 855 Plus mobile platform, with 2.96GHz ultra-high frequency, the graphics performance has also increased by 15% than the predecessor 855. The addition of UFS 3.0 also brought a certain speed increase.
In order to further explore the performance, ROG Phone 2 adopts a new matrix liquid cooling system and supports an external cooling fan 2 to further reduce the body temperature and make the performance more durable.
For performance to last, in addition to cooling, you have to have a very good battery. The ROG Phone 2 is equipped with a 6000mAh (typ) high-capacity battery and supports QC4/PD fast charging (up to 30W). With the help of ROG HyperCharge direct charging technology, the phone can always stay cool while charging.
On the screen side, the ROG Phone 2 is equipped with an AMOLED gaming screen with a refresh rate of 120Hz and a response time of 1ms. The screen size is 6.59 inches and supports 10-bit HDR.
As a gaming device, ROG Phone 2 is also equipped with Air Triggers shoulder button, dual speaker and four microphones, 4 WiFi antenna, intelligent control center and other elements, the ROG belief lamp behind which glows and pulsates with different glimmering color lights to show off also extra points to its beautiful design.
For the camera, the ROG Phone 2 is equipped with a rear dual camera, the main camera is IMX586, with 48 megapixels , the second camera is 13 megapixels super wide-angle lens; the front selfie camera is 24 megapixels.
The ROG Phone 2 comes in 4 versions, the first is Tencent Game custom Elite version with 8 GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage priced at 3499 yuan, classic version with 12 GB of RAM and 512GB storage priced at 5999 yuan, the extreme version is available for a pricier tag of 7999 yuan, and finally the top of this segment e-Sports Armor version for the whopping price tag of 12,999 yuan.
Asus ROG Phone 2 Price
Tencent game custom elite version (8GB RAM + 128GB) priced at 3499 yuan = $510
Classic version with 12GB RAM + 512GB priced at 5999 yuan = $870
Extreme version with 12GB RAM + 512GB priced at 7999 yuan = $1162
e-Sports armor version with 12GB RAM + 512GB at a price tag of 12,999 yuan = $1889
Asus ROG Phone 2 Smartphone Full Specification
- CPU – Octa Core 1x 2.96 GHz Kryo 485 3x 2.42 GHz Kryo 485 4x 1.8 GHz Kryo 485 CPU Clock
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus, 64-Bit Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 640, 672 MHz GPU
- Camera – 48 MP + 13 MP with Dual-LED and AF Dual Rear Camera | 24 Megapixel Front camera
- Memory – RAM – 12GB LPDDR4x, 2133MHz | ROM 512GB, External Card Not Supported
- Display – Screen size 6.59 inches AMOLED FHD+ Screen with (1080 x 2340 Pixels Resolution)
- Battery – Non-Removable 6,000 mAh Lithium-Polymer
- SIM – Dual SIM Card (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Proximity, Light, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint, Hall, 2x ultrasonic AirTrigger sensors, In-Display Fingerprint Sensor
- Color – Gray
- Operating System – Android 9.0 Pie with ROG Gaming X Mode UI
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1 x Nano SIM, TF Card Slot, Type-C USB Port, Audio Jack, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
- Dimensions – 77.6 mm x 171.99 mm x 9.78 mm
- Weight – 240 Grams (with Battery)
- More Features – Glass and Metal Body Design, 7nm Chip, HSPA, LTE Cat 18 1.2 Gbps Download, 221 Mbps Upload, HSPA+, 2.5D Curved Glass Screen, NFC, Type-C 2.0 USB, Loudspeaker, Earpiece, Stereo speakers, DTS Hi-Res Audio, 192 kHz / 24-bit, Smart PA, OTG Support, 10V/3A Charger Output Power, LPDDR4X RAM 2133MHz, UFS 2.1 Storage, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Water Resistant, Aura RGB Light, Optional Detachable AeroActive Cooler, 3D Vapor-Chamber Cooling System, Tri-Mics with Ausu Noise Reduction.