Realme 2 with Snapdragon 450 and a notched display for $128
Update : The company has today launched its second smartphone in India, the Realme 2, which comes with a number of improvements over its predecessor. The 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant is priced at INR 8,990, whereas the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage variant will set you back by INR 10,990. The new smartphone retains the design elements from the Realme 1, and comes with an improved chipset, dual-camera setup at the back and a higher screen-to-body ratio, among other improvements.The new Realme 2 smartphone comes with a dual-camera setup and a fingerprint scanner at the back.
Also read – RealMe 2 Pro and RealMe C1 launched
Oppo made quite a splash on the mobile scene with the original Realme 1, mainly for its extremely budget price tag. Now, just a few months later, it is already clear that the Chinese OEM intends to ride the PR wave and release a Realme 2 successor, of sorts.
The Realme 2 is all set to launch in India tomorrow, and there is very little that we don’t know about it. The rumors and leaks so far have painted a vivid picture of what to expect from the upcoming device. Now, a massive leak has pretty much revealed everything we need to know about the Realme 2.
The leak by AndroidPure shows a detailed spec sheet for the Realme 2. While we can’t comment on its authenticity, many of the aspects do fall in line with previous leaks. The notched smartphone will feature dimensions of 156.2×75.6×8.2 mm, and weigh 168 grams.
Realme 2 leaked specifications, features
As per the leak, the Realme 2 6.2-inch HD+ (1520×720 pixels) display with a notch and 19:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood will be a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa-core SoC. Buyers will be able to choose from two variants – 32GB+3GB, and 64GB+4GB. The internal storage on both variants will be expandable with the use of a microSD card.
OPPO Realme 2 Full Specifications:
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex A-53,14 nm
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Display: 6.2 inches IPS LCD, 16M colors with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Resolution: HD+ 1520 by 720 pixels ,271 ppi , 19:9 aspect ratio
- RAM: 3 GB | 4 GB
- Storage: 32 GB | 64 expandable up to 256 GB
- Rear Camera: 13MP+2MP, f/2.2 Bokeh mode, Live AR sticker,5P lens,
AI beautification 2.0 ,HDR
- Front Camera: 8 MP f/2.2 with AI facial unlock, HDR
- Video Recording : 720p/1080p video,30fps
- SIM : Dual nano-sim cards, Dual 4G VoLTE slots
- Connectivity: 2.4G Wifi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2
- Battery: 4,230 mAh with AI Power Master
- Operating System: Android Oreo 8.1 ,Color OS 5.1
- Sensors: Facial Unlock,Fingerprint(rear), Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, E-Compass,Light sensor
- Colors : Diamond Blue,Diamond Red,Diamond Black
- Price : INR 8,990 (3GB+32GB) and INR 10,990 (4GB+64GB)
For photography, there will be a dual-camera setup at the back, which includes a 13-megapixel and 2-megapixel sensors. Up front will be an 8-megapixel sensor AI-backed Beautification 2.0, and bokeh mode.
Making sure everything ticks will be a 4,230mAh battery, and for security there will be a fingerprint sensor and face unlock. For connectivity, the dual-SIM device will support VoLTE on both slots. On the software front, the device will run Android 8.1 Oreo-based Color OS 5.1.
It is already known that the Realme 2 will be exclusive to Flipkart, and will be launching tomorrow at 12:30PM. Like the Realme 1, the upcoming device too is expected to be affordable with a price tag below INR 10,000. In this segment, it will undoubtedly face competition from the likes of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, and Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 among others.
Frankly, this looks almost identical to the recently launched Oppo A5. All things considered, the Realme 2 offers a handful of upgrades over its predecessor in exchange for a modest price bump – the Realme 1’s launch price was INR 8,990 ($128).