Yamaha XTZ 125 Off-Road bike launched in Nepal
Morang Auto Works(MAW) the authorized delaer of Yamaha two-wheelers for Nepal has launched Yamaha XTZ 125, an off-road motorcycle with the theme, ‘Make your own road’ in the domestic market.The bike which was first showcased at the NADA Auto Show in 2018, is one of the most awaited bikes in the country.
Yamaha XTZ 125 is a dual-purpose sport bike, which means that it can be used on-road as well as off the road. The Yamaha XTZ 125 is equipped with a 124cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder (SOHC) engine that produces 10.2 PS at 7500rpm and 9.9Nm of torque at 5,500rpm. The carbureted motorcycle is available with a five speed gearbox and air-cooling as standard. It features both electric and kick start system. The fuel tank capacity is rated at 10.6 litres.
Also read – Yamaha R15 v3.0 launched in Nepali market
Following the trends of other off-road models from Yamaha, the Yamaha XTZ 125 has a new design. Front fairing received new off-road design setting it apart in its class. The Yamaha XTZ 125 has electric start, cut-chain and lock on the switch, providing safety and comfort in day-to-day. Tires are designed exactly for off-road action, they are bigger and more rigid than other bikes on the competition. More comfortable seating, riding position and engine operating with rapid, flawless or choking, which ensures more pleasure time to ride. It delivers greater stability on and off the road, comfortability is achieved with better traction control and precise handling while an excellent stopping power for added safety.
According to the press statement, the bike weighs 118 kg and offers 260mm of impressive ground clearance that can conquer any obstacles including rocks, streams and shallow rivers, floods and marshes. The seat height is genuinely good at 840mm, said the company. There are two suspension setups, telescopic forks for the front and a monocross suspension at the rear. Both suspensions offers extended travel for all-terrain riding. The front rim measures 21 inch while rear measures 18 inch in diameter. Both wheels are available with a spoke-type arrangement to absorb the bumps in a better way.
- Eye-catching graphics, Off-road look and feel.
- Slender, firm and cushion seats for dual purpose rides.
- Durable front fork suspensions perfect for dirt adventures.
- Easy to read metal panels with clear lighting for night rides.
- Headlight gives ample lighting and visibility in the dark.
- Tail lamp and rear signal lights alerts vehicles on the back.
- XTZ 125 is equipped with Yamaha Internal Balancer which reduces noise and vibrations.
The bike has an overall length of 2,090mm, overall width of 830mm, a saddle height of 840mm, and a ground clearance of 260mm. The bike weighs 118kg with a full tank of fuel and all oils in the system. It sits on 21-inch wheels in the front and 18-inch wheels at the rear.
The bike also features semi-rugged tires, a halogen headlamp, front disc brakes and plastic panels with sporty markings on the sides. Yamaha XTZ comes with an underside cover to keep scrambled stones from damaging the engine. Similarly, the instrument panel on the XTZ 125 features a speedometer and trip meter. The bike also gets a wide and thick cushioned seat, with a low seat height, ensuring an upright seating position. Likewise, a sturdy carrier at the rear end comes as standard. Yamaha XTZ is available in three colors, blue, black and white.
Yamaha XTZ 125 Key Specification
- Displacement: 124.00 ccm (7.57 cubic inches)
- Engine type: Single cylinder, four-stroke
- Category: Enduro / offroad
- Power: 12.50 HP (9.1 kW)) @ 8000 RPM
- Torque: 11.50 Nm (1.2 kgf-m or 8.5 ft.lbs) @ 6500 RPM
- Fuel system: Carburettor
- Fuel control: Single Overhead Cams (SOHC)
- Lubrication system: Wet sump
- Cooling system: Air
- Gearbox: 5-speed
- Transmission type,final drive: Chain
- Clutch: Wet, multiple-disc coil spring
- Front suspension: Telescopic forks
- Rear suspension: Swingarm
- Front tyre: 80/90-21
- Rear tyre: 110/80-18
- Front brakes: Single disc
- Color options: White, blue
- Starter: Electric