Poco M2 Pro With Quad Rear Cameras, Snapdragon 720G SoC Launched
Poco has just unveiled its new smartphone, the M2 Pro, in India. Despite now being an independent company, the Poco M2 Pro is not the original model of the brand, as was the case with the first Pocophone F1.
The M2 Pro is just a copy of Redmi Note 9 Pro or in other words – a rebranded version. But here it is worth mentioning that the Indian Redmi Note 9 Pro is different from the global one. Firstly, with a slightly modified design of the camera unit, secondly, a 48-megapixel main optical sensor versus 64-megapixel, thirdly, the lack of NFC and fourthly, support for 18-watt versus 33-watt charging.
So then, what is the Poco M2 Pro like? This is a hybrid of the global and Indian versions of Redmi Note 9 Pro. The phone has grabbed the design of the camera module and 33-watt charging from the global version, while it has taken the camera features from the Indian version which has a 48-megapixel camera. There is no data on NFC yet, but it is unlikely that the new product has this module.
Now, to make it clearer and to summarize the hardware specifications of the Poco M2 Pro, it comes with a Snapdragon 720G, 4 or 6 GB of RAM, 64 or 128 GB of flash memory, a quad camera with sensors with a resolution of 48, 8, 5 and 2 megapixels, a front camera with a resolution of 16 megapixels, an IPS display with a diagonal of 6.67 inches of Full HD + resolution along with a 5000 mAh battery with support for 33-watt charging and the corresponding charger included.
Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Sensors on board include an accelerometer, ambient light, gyroscope, magnetometer, and a proximity sensor. There is also a fingerprint sensor on the side of the device. Besides, the phone comes with P2i nano-coating for a dust- and splash-resistant experience.
The phone comes in three colour options – Out of the Blue, Green and Greener, and Two Shades of Black.
The price of Poco M2 Pro is set at around 227 dollars, depending on the configuration. For comparison, the Redmi Note 9 Pro with more or less of similar configuration starts at around $ 187, and it turns out that the Poco M2 Pro with its faster charging looks a little more interesting. So basically a Poco M2 Pro is a rebranded Redmi Note 9 Pro with a fast charger.
Since the Redmi 9 Pro is already launched in the Nepali market, so another device with same configuration and similar pricing may not be liked by fans of Xiaomi.
Poco M2 Pro Specifications:
- 6.67 inch Full HD + IPS LCD (2400 x 1080) with Gorilla Glass 5
- Snapdragon 720G @ 2.3 GHZ processor
- Adreno 618 GPU
- 4 or 6 GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- 64 or 128 GB of UFS 2.1 storage
- Quadruple rear camera
- 48 MP main module (f / 1.8)
- 8 MP secondary module (wide-angle, f / 2.2)
- 5 MP tertiary module (Super Macro with auto-focus)
- 2 MP quaternary module (depth sensor, f / .2.4)
- 16 MP front camera (f / 2.4)
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, 3.5 mm jack, Dual GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, USB-C
- HDR10 support
- Fingerprint reader on the side
- Infrared for use as a universal remote control
- 5,000 mAh battery with 33 Watt charge
- Android 10 operating system (MIUI 11)
- Dimensions: 165.7 x 76.6 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 209 g
- Colors: black, blue and green
Poco M2 Pro Price In Nepal
The Poco M2 Pro price in India has been set at INR. 13,999 for the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant, while its 6GB RAM + 64GB storage option is priced at INR. 14,999 and the top-of-the-line, 6GB RAM + 128GB storage model carries a price tag of INR. 16,999.
- 4GB RAM + 64GB storage – INR. 13,999 – NRs 22,399
- 6GB RAM + 64GB storage – INR. 14,999 – NRs 23,999
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage -INR. 16,999 – NRs 27,199