Tata H5(Harrier) Launched at NADA – Price, Specs, Features, Variants explained
The new Tata Harrier is the new flagship offering from Tata Motors with the new Land Rover derived Omega Arc platform. The same platform is also shared with the Land Rover Discovery Sport and the Range Rover Evoque.
Tata Harrier will take on the likes of the Hyundai Creta and the Jeep Compass in the compact SUV space.
The Harrier is available in 4 variants – XE, XM, XT, and XZ and will be available only with the diesel variant. The price for base variant starts at INR 12.69 Lakhs.
The Tata Harrier is 4598 mm long, 1894 mm wide and 1706 mm high. Wheelbase on the new Harrier is 2741 mm while the ground clearance of the SUV comes in at 205 mm.
Harrier looks stunning and this is one of many USPs. It is designed to be a head turner. Based on Impact Design 2.0 design philosophy, Harrier has an aerodynamic profile with curves at the right places, which make it visually appealing. Key features include projector headlamps, dual function LED DRLs with turn indicators, electrically adjustable outer mirrors, R17 alloy wheels, flared wheel arches, 3D LED tail lamps and shark fin antenna.
Harrier offers a comprehensive range of features such as 8.8-inch HD touchscreen infotainment system, 7-inch coloured TFT display, 9-speaker JBL audio system, steering mounted controls, FATC control, auto headlamps, push button start, cruise control, theatre dimming, power windows, fast charging slots, rain sensing wipers, and 8-way adjustable driver seat.
The Tata Harrier has a Fiat-sourced 1956 cc, 2-litre 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel motor, that Tata motors calls Kryotec and is essentially the detuned version of what is available in the Jeep Compass. The engine makes 138 bhp of peak power and 350 Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. The Tata Harrier also gets three driving modes, Eco, City and Sport.
The SUV also comes with driver assistant functions like – Terrain Response Modes (Norman, Rough, Wet), hill hold and descent assist, rollover mitigation, corner stability control, electronic stability programme, and electronic traction control.
At the front, the Tata Harrier gets a split headlamp cluster with high mounted Daytime running lights and a large grille with typically Tata esque hexagonal design language. The actual headlamps themselves are set lower in the bumper and have a projector setup along with a separate foglamp cluster underneath it too. And to round off the front end, the Tata Harrier gets a silver skid plate.
In profile the Tata Harrier is larger than the XUV 500 and gets a set of plastic claddings on the lower half and wheel arches along with either a set of 16-inch steel wheels or these 17-inch alloy wheels. The most distinct feature around the side though is that C-pillar with the floating roof design language.
Move to the rear and the Tata Harrier gets a set of thin tail lamps with LED treatment that is joined by a gloss black panel. Just like the front bumper, you also have a silver skid plate at the rear.
The base variant of the Tata Harrier features projector headlamps, dual function daytime running lights, electrically adjustable ORVMs, and rear parking sensors. While, the top-end XZ gets all the bells and whistles including a large 8.8-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system which is linked to nine JBL speakers.
Tata Harrier Price in Nepal
The Harrier’s prices are on par with its rivals and it seems to have nearly equivalent levels of equipment too.
Tata Harrier has been launched in Nepali market as Tata H5 and the starting price for the lowest trim is at nepali Rs 56.55 Lakhs.
- The XE variant has been priced at the lowest nepali Rs 56.55 Lakhs.
- The XM variant has been priced at nepali Rs 64.55 Lakhs.
- The XT variant has been priced at nepali Rs 69.55 Lakhs.
- The XZ variant has been priced at nepali Rs 74.55 Lakhs.
|Engine Description||Kryotec 2.0 L Turbocharged Engine|
|Fuel, Emission norm||Diesel BS IV|
|Capacity, cylinders||1956 cc, In-line 4-cylinders|
|Max Power||[email protected]|
|Max Torque||[email protected]|
|Transmission Type||6 – Speed Manual|
|Seating Capacity||5 Seater|
|Fuel Capacity (litres)||50|
|Boot Space||425 Ltr|
|Boot Space(Folded Seats)||810 Ltr|
Tata Harrier XE
- Dual airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Parking sensors
- Speed sensitive door locks
- Seatbelt reminder
- Central locking
- Projector headlamps
- LED DRLs
- LED tail-lamps
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Power adjustable wing mirrors
- 4-inch MID
- Manual AC
- Four-way adjustable driver’s seat
- Puddle lamps
- Tilt and telescopic adjustable steering wheel
- Rear AC vents
- Power windows
Tata Harrier XM
- Front fog lamps
- Rear parcel shelf
- 7.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with four speakers and two tweeters
- Steering-mounted audio controls
- USB, Aux and Bluetooth compatible audio system
- Multi Drive modes for the engine (Eco, City and Sport)
- Remote central locking
- Six-way adjustable driver’s seat
- Follow me home headlamps
- Rear wiper
- Boot lamp
Tata Harrier XT
- Dual function LED DRLs
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Audio system with four speakers and four tweeters
- Video playback and image display via USB
- Voice recognition and SMS readout
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay (will come at a later date)
- Rear defogger
- Reverse camera
- Push-button start
- Climate control system
- 8-way adjustable driver’s seat
- Power folding and adjustable wing mirrors
- Automatic headlamps and wipers
- Cruise control
- Cooled storage under the front centre armrest
- Rear armrest with cup holders
Tata Harrier XZ
- Xenon HID projector headlamps
- Front fog lamps with cornering function
- Shark fin antenna
- Leather seats, door panels, steering wheel and gear shift knob
- 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Nine JBL speakers (four speakers, four tweeters and a sub-woofer) with an amplifier
- 7.0-inch digital instrument display
- Terrain response modes (Normal, Wet and Rough)
- Six airbags (Driver, Co-Driver, Seat Side & Curtain)
- Isofix child seat mounts
- Hill-hold and hill-descent control
- Roll-over mitigation
- Corner stability control
- Traction control
- Hydraulic brake assist
- 60:40 split folding seats