Vivo V9 Pro Launched with 6 GB RAM and Snapdragon 660
Vivo V9 Pro is the newest mid-range smartphone from the Chinese smartphone maker, as it aims to expand presence in the online retail channel. The new Vivo V9 Pro is the third device in Vivo’s V9 series.
With Vivo V9 Pro, Vivo is essentially trying to challenge smartphones like the Poco F1 from Xiaomi. Vivo is currently the third largest smartphone brand in India, but its market share is under threat from growing market share of Xiaomi and Samsung. With the newly launched Vivo V9 Pro, which is dubbed as power meets efficiency, the company must be hoping to win back some of the lost market share.
Also read – Vivo V11 Pro and V11 launched in Nepali market
The Vivo V9 Pro was announced as the Vivo V9 6GB in Indonesia in June. The main highlights of the device are the dual camera setup, notch display and the Snapdragon 660 SoC.
Vivo V9 Pro is basically the 6GB RAM variant of standard V9 smartphone.The smartphone is priced at INR 19,990, but is available at an introductory price of INR17,990(NRs.28,785).
Vivo V9 Pro does not differ much from the regular V9, and it features aluminum unibody casing and thin bezel design at the front. It features a 6.3-inch LCD display with a resolution of 2280×1080 pixels, and a notch that seems to be a copy of one seen on phones like the iPhone X and OnePlus 6. The display supports taller 19:9 aspect ratio, which will allow for more context on the display.
Under the hood, the Vivo V9 Pro gets a faster and efficient Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC coupled with 6GB of RAM and 64GB storage. The processor is a huge improvement over the Snapdragon 626 SoC that powered the Vivo V9.
On the camera front, Vivo has equipped the V9 Pro with a dual rear camera setup comprising of a 13-megapixel main camera and a 2-megapixel depth camera. At the front, there is a 12-megapixel selfie shooter with f/2.0 aperture and support for 1080p video recording.
Vivo V9 Pro Full Specification
- CPU – Octa-Core 4x 2.2 GHz Kryo 260 4x 1.84 GHz Kryo 260
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 MSM8976 Plus, 64-bit Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 512
- Camera – 13MP + 2MP f/2.2 with LED Flash and AF Dual Rear Camera | 12 Megapixel Front camera
- Memory – RAM- 6GB LPDDR4, 1866MHz | ROM 64GB, External Memory Support Up to 256GB
- Display – Screen size 6.3-inches LCD IPS Display FHD+ (1080 x 2280 Pixels)
- Battery – Non-Removable 3,260mAh Lithium-ion
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Fingerprint ID (Rear Mounted)
- Color – Red, Black
- Operating System – Funtouch OS 4.0 (Android 8.1 Oreo)