Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite with Snapdragon 660 launched in Nepali market
Xiaomi Nepal has launched Mi 8 Lite Smartphone in Nepali market. The smartphone, as the name suggests Lite is a toned down version of the premium series – Mi 8 Pro, Mi 8, Mi 8 SE and Mi 8 Explorer.
The highlights of the Mi 8 Lite smartphone include a notched display with 24 MP selfie camera, mirror like gradient back finish and AI dual camera on the back panel.
The phone has a metal frame to go along with glass back, and has the fingerprint scanner on the rear, along with the dual-camera setup that’s arranged horizontally and tucked on the upper left side.
Also read – Top Mobile Phones under 15000 in Nepal
The Mi 8 Lite comes equipped with a screen size of 6.26 inches at 19:9 aspect ratio with Full HD + resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. The screen is IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16 million colors. It has a usual notch on top of the screen which can be hidden with a black bar from settings menu.
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 AIE 2.2GHz octa-core processor, Adreno 512 GPU and comes with 4 GB of RAM. The phone packs 64 GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card.
As far as the cameras are concerned, the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite packs a 12-megapixel (f/2.2) primary camera and a 5-megapixel secondary camera on the rear and a Sony IMX 576 – 24 megapixel front selfie-shooter.The front camera is capable of AI scene detection and AI light adjustment so your photos are stunning day or night.
The Mi 8 Lite can shoot slow motion video at 120 frames per second at full hd resolution.The device supports dual SIM cards (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM) and simultaneous 4G use. There’s also a fingerprint scanner located on the rear panel.
The Mi 8 Lite is powered by a 3350 mAh Li-Po battery which supports Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging.The device comes with bottom firing speakers and there is no support for 3.5 mm audio jack, instead it comes with USB-C port and a cable adapter to convert into 3.5 mm jack.The handset ships with Android 8.1 Oreo and MIUI version 10 software.
The price of Mi 8 Lite is set at NRs.31,999 for 4GB + 64 GB variant in Nepali market.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite – Full Specification
- CPU – Octa-core (4 x 2.2GHz Kryo 260 & 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 260)
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 660, 64-bit Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 512 GPU
- Camera – 12 MP f/1.9 Sony IMX363. 1.4μm pixel size + 5 MP with Dual-LED flash and AF Rear Camera | 24 MP Front Sony IMX576 camera with face recognition
- Memory – RAM- 4GB/6GB LPDDR4X, 1866MHz | ROM 64GB/128GB External Memory Support Up to 256GB (Uses SIM 2 Slot)
- Display – Screen size 6.26 inches LCD, FHD+ Display (1080 x 2280 Pixels), 19:9 Aspect Ratio
- Battery – Non-Removable 3350 mAh Lithium-Poly with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- SIM – Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM / microSD), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Compass Sensor, Gyroscope, Fingerprint Scanner (Rear Mounted)
- Color – Aurora Blue, Sunset Gold, and Midnight Black
- Operating System – MIUI V10 (Android 8.1 Oreo)